In preparation for Carmageddon (the closing of the 405 this weekend,) here are the top five songs to blast in your car while stuck in traffic:
5. Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” (Hey, eventually the car in front of you is going to start moving again.)
4. REM’s “Everybody Hurts” (Sitting in a car for two hours with anyone smarts a little, plus it may tempt you to act like the video and start walking on other people’s cars. DO IT.)
3. Todo’s “Africa” (Something about gotta get away from here?)
2. Tom Cockrane’s “Life is a Highway” (In LA, basically. When you close a main artery, you see just how vital it is.)
1. Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down” (the mantra of every driver in Los Angeles: Me first.)
This is a blog dedicated to everyone caught in the daily grind—the daily nine-to-five job that pays your rent, keeps your TV working and buys your beer.
Maybe you’ve been there, done that. Maybe you’re even in the grind right now.
No matter where you are, hopefully this blog will pass your day a little faster, put a smile on your face and let you know you’re not the only one temporarily stuck in your cubicle.
Here’s to my fellow worker bee’s who make this world run!